Christ Church, Duns: ‘A Place of Peace and Hope’
We at Christ Church Duns seek to be a caring people growing in the knowledge and love of God through Jesus Christ and expressing that love; with the help of the Holy Spirit, through our relationships with one another and our service and witness to the community.
Who we are
- a warm, friendly and welcoming church with a strong sense of the family of the church
- a forward-looking church which is open to change
- a church with a strong tradition of lay involvement in its worship
- an outward-looking church that engages with its local churches and community
- a congregation with a Communicants’ Roll of about eighty-seven members
The atmosphere at Christ Church is hospitable and friendly and its members offer a warm welcome to newcomers. The church has a tradition of tolerance towards all people and a history of compassionate works. Anyone is welcome to attend the services, even if of no faith, and will be met with warm friendliness. As a non-established church, Christ Church works hard to meet the needs of the Episcopal community in the local area, and holds regular Communion services, some of which are more traditional in style and some more evangelical. The church draws its congregation from Duns and villages within about 15 miles of the town. The church supports charities throughout Scotland and the world.